COMPANY REGISTRATION IN MALAYSIA
Company registration in Malaysia refers to the process of incorporating a new company or registering an existing business with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM). It is an essential step for business owners and organisations looking to establish operations or grow their operations in Malaysia.
Business Malaysia is dedicated to making the company registration process simpler for our clients by utilising our experience and in-depth understanding of the local business environment. We take pleasure in providing timely, effective service that is catered to the particular requirements and goals of each organisation. As we collaborate to make your entrepreneurial goals a reality, let us be your entryway to success in Malaysia.
Why You Need Company Registration & How to Get A Company Registration Service
Company registration is essential for any business operating in Malaysia. It provides legal recognition, credibility, and protection for your business activities. By registering your company, you gain access to various benefits, such as the ability to enter into contracts, secure funding, open bank accounts, and engage in business transactions.
At Business Malaysia, we offer comprehensive company registration services tailored to meet your specific needs. Our team of experienced professionals will guide you through the entire process, from initial consultation to the submission of necessary documents. We will handle all the legal requirements, paperwork, and liaise with the relevant authorities on your behalf. With our expertise and commitment to excellent service, we make the company registration process efficient, cost-effective, and hassle-free. Contact Business Malaysia today to get started on your company registration journey.
The Benefits of Our Company Registration Service
Our company registration service provides numerous benefits, including streamlined processes, expert guidance, and peace of mind in navigating the complexities of establishing your business in Malaysia.
We Offer Comprehensive Company Registration Services in Malaysia
We deliver customised solutions that satisfy the unique needs of our clients, assisting them in achieving their objectives and succeeding in the dynamic business environment of Malaysia.
Stay updated with our latest articles on company registration, providing valuable insights, tips, and industry news to help you navigate the process with confidence and make informed business decisions.
1. How do you check if a company is SSM registered?
This information can be accessed for a fee of about RM20–40 via the SSM e-Info portal at https://www.ssm-einfo.my or the MYDATA–SSM portal at https://www.mydata–ssm.com.my.
2. What is the format of SSM new company registration number?
The new number format contains 12 numbers and is made up of three parts which consist of:
- The first four digits representing the year of registration
- The next two numbers are the type of business entity
- 01 – local company
- 02 – foreign company
- 03 – business
- 04 – local limited liability partnership (LLP)
- 05 – foreign LLP
- 06 – LLP for professional practice
- The last six digits are the registration number sequence
3. How do I get a new company registration number for existing business?
Existing businesses can use SSM’s portal tools like e-Search, e-info, and MyData to check and obtain the new business registration number.
4. How do I find a name for my company?
These are the guidelines to name your company:
- Recognise your business.
- Use descriptive words.
- Be precise.
- Select a naming style.
- Simple or literal names
- Mainstream words
- The owner’s name
- Made-up or unrelated words
- Avoid hard-to-spell names.
- Tell a story.
- Get feedback on the name.
- Don’t be too narrow.
- Be careful about geographic names.
- Choose a scalable name.
5. What are the requirements to register a business in Malaysia?
The requirements for Malaysia company registration are:
- Minimum of 1 director who is at least 18 years old
- Minimum of 1 stakeholder who is at least 18 years old
- Minimum paid-up capital of RM1
- A local company secretary who is certified by SSM or a member of any professional organisation is appointed.
- A local registered address